Doing It Right Through Wisdom
“With the Wisdom of an Elder we can learn to share”
Top Twelve Tips for Keeping Relationships Healthy
- Everyone is sacred; show respect by how you treat yourself as well as how you treat others.
- Don’t just get mad and hold it all inside, take a break then talk it out.
- Apologize or have code words for forgiveness when you’re fighting.
- Do healthy things together: take walks, eat good food, play games and have fun.
- Pay attention: remember important dates like birthdays.
- Be trustworthy: no lying or cheating.
- Listen and give non-judgmental support.
- Make decisions together.
- Respect each other’s body and space: no touching unless the girl clearly says ‘Yes’ – No means No.
- Take time to get to know each other before you commit; don’t rush into relationships.
- Don’t rush into sex.
- Learn more about your culture